Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2020 9:01 pm  #341

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Well, now you guys are making me regret my pick. I guess now I have to commit towards my offense in order to give Tua the weapons he needs.

7/04/2020 10:09 pm  #342

CCLXXXVII wrote:

Well, now you guys are making me regret my pick. I guess now I have to commit towards my offense in order to give Tua the weapons he needs.

I had Burrow, Tua, and Herbert at the top of my list because they are likely going to start this year (maybe not Herbert, but... it's not unlikely). With the way the league is set up, I wanted to get one of them because if I hit on that pick, and they're good, I have a ton of value in the coming years with them. There are not 24 stud QBs in Fantasy Football, so knowing you'd have one at great value was attractive. 

EDIT: Which is why Burmy went with Jordan Love, I assume.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (7/04/2020 10:11 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/04/2020 10:57 pm  #343

Pretty interesting draft so far!  Easily the best story line is Justin Herbert going from Duck to Beaver (if only the Mallards had gotten to him before having to settle on Jordan Love, who will eventually be a great pick in 5 years ;) )!  

Actually, for me, the best story line for me is that I still got my #1 defensive player on my board despite Miles rambling on taking defensive players, thus psychologically forcing a bunch of the next picks to , of course, be defensive players, (thanks Miles, lmao!  jk!).  Okay, #2 defensive player, because I'm betting almost all of us would have picked Chase Young if we could have.  

7/04/2020 11:10 pm  #344

I know I probably made the worst immediate rookie pick of the draft...but the future's on my mind (and I don't plan on using a lot of rookies in this first year anyway)-I'm one of his biggest IRL defenders right now, so I'm ready to see him develop and become a star (perhaps sooner than you think, if the tension between Rodgers and the Pack's staff keeps growing)

7/04/2020 11:24 pm  #345

Burmy87 wrote:

I know I probably made the worst immediate rookie pick of the draft...but the future's on my mind (and I don't plan on using a lot of rookies in this first year anyway)-I'm one of his biggest IRL defenders right now, so I'm ready to see him develop and become a star (perhaps sooner than you think, if the tension between Rodgers and the Pack's staff keeps growing)

That is a pretty good point, with how sensitive Rodgers is, he may demand to get out of Green Bay as he certainly wasn't happy about the Love pick.  Actually, to be honest, I do like Love, it'll be fun watching how his career goes.  Still, gotta enjoy some friendly trash talk once in a while!

7/04/2020 11:58 pm  #346

Burmy87 wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope Love is a bust. Both for the Vikings and now for my border rivals in the AltFL

Last edited by Section30 (7/04/2020 11:58 pm)

7/05/2020 12:01 am  #347

Section30 wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope Love is a bust. Both for the Vikings and now for my border rivals in the AltFL

No offense taken...Rodgers is probably gonna end up playing for the Vikes within three years anyway 

Last edited by Burmy87 (7/05/2020 12:03 am)

7/05/2020 12:38 am  #348

Burmy87 wrote:

No offense taken...Rodgers is probably gonna end up playing for the Vikes within three years anyway 

God please no

7/05/2020 1:01 am  #349

I was pleasantly happy to see Jefferson still out there, and couldn't help myself.

7/05/2020 2:20 pm  #350

It's a little late, but the Reapers would like to officially welcome Derrick Brown to Charlotte!

Board footera