Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2020 11:50 pm  #271

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Just noticed that there aren't that many dome teams, which I like. 

7/01/2020 12:07 am  #272

Darknes wrote:

Just noticed that there aren't that many dome teams, which I like. 

I initially was going to make the Copperheads Legacy stadium an incredibly outdated dome, but I had an even better idea. I'm still figuring out what to do for the present-day stadium, so I'll hold off on posting until tomorrow.

7/01/2020 12:31 am  #273

I'm glad only a few of us went with the "renovated old stadiums".

Also, JHA's stadium almost seats more than double my New York stadium.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/01/2020 12:33 am  #274

Love that S30's post took a jab at the Viking's glass bird-killing palace. I didn't specify this but Bojangles Stadium is a classic, open-air bowl, quite literally a slightly larger Bank of American Stadium, right down to the same location.

7/01/2020 7:56 am  #275

I love the local naming rights for the Milwaukee and Minnesota Stadiums. These are chains that the area is proud of. I'm sure Bojangles is the same way (though I've never been). It would be interesting to see a stadium called the Waffle House (guess the sponsor).

7/01/2020 8:08 am  #276

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I'm glad only a few of us went with the "renovated old stadiums".

Also, JHA's stadium almost seats more than double my New York stadium.

But I prefer the historic stadiums like the Polo Grounds and Old Revere, which is why I stated Riverside Stadium (Energizer) is a mix of a classic football cathedral and modern football marvel (think of it as a fully wrapping Harvard Stadium exterior, with modern seating and luxury boxes and suites, plus smaller, twin video boards in each end so fans can look at the better one for their viewing). Not the most seats, but enough seats to ensure no bad seat.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (7/01/2020 8:44 am)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/01/2020 8:20 am  #277

I love the stadiums you folks created. Their all so different and have character.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/01/2020 9:16 am  #278

JamHeronArk wrote:

I love the local naming rights for the Milwaukee and Minnesota Stadiums. These are chains that the area is proud of. I'm sure Bojangles is the same way (though I've never been). It would be interesting to see a stadium called the Waffle House (guess the sponsor).

If and when Atlanta gets a team, I'm guessing that'll be their pick.

7/01/2020 10:06 am  #279

I like that Minnesota's old stadium was Riverside Stadium, which is also the name of St. Louis' new stadium.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/01/2020 10:09 am  #280

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I like that Minnesota's old stadium was Riverside Stadium, which is also the name of St. Louis' new stadium.

Technically, the full name of our stadium is Riverside Stadium powered by Energizer. But yeah, I did find that quite interesting.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera