Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2020 4:21 pm  #241

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

I love that 3 out of 6 fields for the North are the only ones that they've played in.

6/30/2020 4:34 pm  #242

Andy is coming with the most unique idea ever. Turning the old water sports stadium into a football stadium.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/30/2020 4:36 pm  #243

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Andy is coming with the most unique idea ever. Turning the old water sports stadium into a football stadium.

Yeah, I had tons of fun with this one. I'm happy you like it!

6/30/2020 4:37 pm  #244

ANDY! just knocked it out of the park with unique. I was half-expecting Stickman to sell the owner of the Titans being different than the Sabercats by the Titans not allowing any other teams to use the arena, so it was a hockey team with the roller floor, but no other tenents.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/30/2020 4:45 pm  #245

Dan O'Mac wrote:

ANDY! just knocked it out of the park with unique. I was half-expecting Stickman to sell the owner of the Titans being different than the Sabercats by the Titans not allowing any other teams to use the arena, so it was a hockey team with the roller floor, but no other tenents.

Well there was the whole one venue, five teams debacle brought up in the description of the place. Besides, this Stickman is either an actual different person or the professional half of the same person.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/30/2020 4:45 pm  #246

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I knew as soon as I took New York, I wanted the Polo Grounds to be my home stadium. And so I started researching what happened, why it was torn down, etc. And then altered some history to make it still exist today. I knew I wanted to have it renovated like Lambeau was here in Green Bay.

This makes me wonder what the Phantoms would have done in the pre-Alamodome era. I can’t think of any stadiums that existed in San Antonio prior to it.

6/30/2020 4:51 pm  #247

I'm just embracing the whole AU thing and making up arenas as I go along. The Ceilidh Hall for the Rovers would located more in Southie, while the Riders are up in the North End. If we end up doing Basketball and Baseball, my ultimate goal if I got 4 Boston teams would have them all play in their own buildings and all be accessible via the T.

6/30/2020 4:57 pm  #248

Loving these stadiums. I'm keeping track of everyone's training camp locations and stadiums in a Google Sheet and I love the uniqueness of these so far. 3 teams have renovated their stadiums to keep them the same for the legacy and modern era (all three being the North, being NY, BOS, and TOR) and the other 5 so far have been different. Two legacy stadiums are real so far (Miami-Dade County Stadium and Busch Stadium) and one modern stadium is real (Miami Marine Stadium, freaking awesome idea by the way). So far, only one stadium is confirmed to share teams (Corporate Bank Arena in LA) and two are tied for largest capacity: CBA and Bojangles Stadium, each at 85,000 (though I have half a mind to bump it up by 1 just for the bragging rights, lol). 

6/30/2020 5:11 pm  #249

We should make a google map of all the AltFL Stadiums.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/30/2020 5:11 pm  #250

QCS wrote:

Loving these stadiums. I'm keeping track of everyone's training camp locations and stadiums in a Google Sheet and I love the uniqueness of these so far. 3 teams have renovated their stadiums to keep them the same for the legacy and modern era (all three being the North, being NY, BOS, and TOR) and the other 5 so far have been different. Two legacy stadiums are real so far (Miami-Dade County Stadium and Busch Stadium) and one modern stadium is real (Miami Marine Stadium, freaking awesome idea by the way). So far, only one stadium is confirmed to share teams (Corporate Bank Arena in LA) and two are tied for largest capacity: CBA and Bojangles Stadium, each at 85,000 (though I have half a mind to bump it up by 1 just for the bragging rights, lol). 

The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers have a promotion where you can win the worst seat in the house. You get a metal folding chair behind a pole, a hot dog that's no longer hot, and a beer/soda that's no longer cold. Everyone who wins gets entered for a prize at the end of the season. There's your plan, crappy chair behind a pole.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera