Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 11:05 am  #131

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I didn't think QCS was going there, not with a couple other strong teams available. I actually had pegged the Reapers going to Edgeworth so he'd have both the Charlotte teams.

I'm curious as to which Texas team will go first now, with both of them still available.

It wasn't gonna happen until quite literally yesterday. Over time the uniform set has completely won me over, if it wasn't for the name (heck, just change it Charlotte) I'd've ranked the Reapers #1 overall. I am shocked that I had so many good options available for me, though. Some teams I had lower on my list (Chicago, Orlando) going early set me up really nicely.

6/29/2020 11:06 am  #132

CC claims to be from Yeehaw Country. I'd bet he takes a Texas team.

6/29/2020 11:15 am  #133

I don't have a good read on Andy!, and for some reason, have him with Miami. Then CC with San Antonio and SportsFan7 with Dallas. I've been modifying my "projections" as we go, and had to shuffle things around with QCS taking the Reapers.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/29/2020 11:26 am  #134

ANDY! has that Seahawks profile pic, so I bet he was gunning for Seattle. I think you (and I) had him with Miami was because of the Viceification of the Hammerheads he was credited for.

6/29/2020 11:26 am  #135

JamHeronArk wrote:

ANDY! has that Seahawks profile pic, so I bet he was gunning for Seattle. I think you (and I) had him with Miami was because of the Viceification of the Hammerheads he was credited for.

He may throw us for a loop and pick Arizona up just to stay out west.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/29/2020 11:29 am  #136

There goes Miami! I'm not surprised Andy! took them, just shocked that they went before either of the Texas teams. Very, very unpredictable, I'm liking this so far!

6/29/2020 11:31 am  #137

I motion that we revoke ANDY!'s franchise on the grounds that he did not use the phrase "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" anywhere in his statement.

6/29/2020 11:32 am  #138

JamHeronArk wrote:

Yeah I really was gunning for Seattle, and I thought I had a chance with them dropping. That's really why I seemed so  flustered with my draft message. Ultimately, I am very happy with my decision. They had the most value to me, so it was probably best that Seattle was taken. It's pretty intense being on the clock for the first time though. 

6/29/2020 11:34 am  #139

sportsfan7 wrote:

I motion that we revoke ANDY!'s franchise on the grounds that he did not use the phrase "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" anywhere in his statement.

Ya know what? That's really fair honestly. I had a golden opportunity and missed it. But hey we all like some Hammer, right?

6/29/2020 11:35 am  #140

ANDY! wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

Yeah I really was gunning for Seattle, and I thought I had a chance with them dropping. That's really why I seemed so  flustered with my draft message. Ultimately, I am very happy with my decision. They had the most value to me, so it was probably best that Seattle was taken. It's pretty intense being on the clock for the first time though. 

Just going to leave this here for you:

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera