Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 8:42 am  #111

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

3point, that was a Death Drop. I hope you can recover from that damage.

But Buffalo is one of those clean, simple looks that I expected to fall in the middle of the draft (I Had them a touch higher, personally). But I expected teams with those elements people either really loved or really disliked to go first and last in the draft, with teams like Buffalo filling the middle.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/29/2020 8:56 am  #112

Now we wait on Carolina to finish up the NORTH...

6/29/2020 9:01 am  #113

Now does anyone have a tell on Bear’s pick? I can’t pick it out, nothing’s jumping at me as to who he goes with.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/29/2020 9:05 am  #114

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Now does anyone have a tell on Bear’s pick? I can’t pick it out, nothing’s jumping at me as to who he goes with.

I would say either he steals Carolina from QCS like someone did...or he takes one of the two Texas teams as they both are surprisingly still available. Just speculation though, I really have no idea.

6/29/2020 9:08 am  #115

ANDY! wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I would say either he steals Carolina from QCS like someone did...or he takes one of the two Texas teams as they both are surprisingly still available. Just speculation though, I really have no idea.

QCS has been pretty adamant about not caring about getting Carolina this time around, so it wouldn’t be a steal here. I’m still surprised no one has taken a Texas team yet. Dallas and San Antonio are both very sharp looking.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/29/2020 9:10 am  #116

I was sooooo close to taking Carolina just to troll QCS .. but ultimately I really don't like the pepper logo very much and I'm a Buffalo football guy so I had to take the Bolts. 

I love the clean Buffalo look too and the all-white set sealed the deal for me. The Ralph will be rocking in September.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

6/29/2020 9:31 am  #117

I think Carolina is on QCS's radar because it's Carolina. But I don't think they're at the top of his list.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/29/2020 9:55 am  #118

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I think Carolina is on QCS's radar because it's Carolina. But I don't think they're at the top of his list.

Could also be true. Taking Carolina as a joke to stir up controversy and it QCS not even reacting would have been the ultimate troll job on myself.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

6/29/2020 10:42 am  #119

Fun Fact: for those that may remember, a few years ago on the “other boards” there was a project based on the 1990’s NHL. My team in that was the Seattle Orcas, and it only felt natural to continue the trend.

Did not expect them to still be on the board but as my #2 overall choice, I was very pleased.

6/29/2020 10:43 am  #120

And another team out west goes, leaving only the Scorpions unclaimed in the West. With 9 teams remaining, over half of the teams left are from the South. So those teams are going to get some star power, picking first in the player draft.

Board footera