Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/13/2020 6:39 pm  #11

Re: Your favorite moments as a sports fan

November 22, 2012. Patriots vs. the Jets, they won that game. It was the last football game I got to watch with my grandfather, he passed away due to Cancer on the following Saturday.

The 04 World Series, I was..barely 9, my Father was deployed to Iraq and my Mother had gotten me up at like..11 o Clock to see it finally happen.

The 2011 Stanley Cup run, I was always a Hockey Fan with my Dad, it was a magical thing to watch with him, and it was the only Duckboat parade that I went into town for and skipped School for.

6/13/2020 9:41 pm  #12

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2010 - This game I will remember forever, I was at the game and the Bombers played terrible in the first half but managed to come back and win in overtime.
2019 - Of course the entire playoff run and first Grey Cup in my life and end of 29-year drought (the longest in the CFL until then)

Minnesota Vikings
Easily the Minneapolis Miracle

Winnipeg Jets
2018 Playoff Run, especially the second round against Nashville, as well as Game 1 of the WCF vs Vegas because I was at the street party which was insane.

There's plenty more but these are always the first I remember

6/13/2020 10:16 pm  #13

Just the ones that really stand out:

Miles already mentioned the Red Sox' 2013 run, but I wanna specifically shout out David Ortiz's and Shane Victorino's grand slams for just being truly epic moments. I was also at a game that September which they won 20-4 and a whole lot of stuff happened, which was a lot of fun to watch. The 2018 run was also great, although I missed a decent part of the World Series because it coincided with Northeast quidditch regionals.

Malcolm Bulter and 28-3 about cover it for the Pats since I'm not old enough to remember their first run.

As a Cubs fan, the 2016 World Series was the rollercoaster-iest thing I've ever seen, but it turned out alright in the end, and watching that with my mom (who grew up in Illinois) was awesome.

As a Bruins fan, the 2011 Cup run was obviously awesome, but I've also become a big fan of beating the Leafs every year and watching Steve Dangle get mad about it.

6/13/2020 10:35 pm  #14

Packers in 2011 winning the Super Bowl. When they won in 1995, I was still pretty young, and it didn't mean as much. 2011 I was nearly 30, so I was old enough to appreciate it a bit more. I'm old enough to remember the lousy Packers teams of the 80's, but also young enough that I don't remember much of them.

Cubs winning the World Series in 2016. This is it, my biggest moment as a sports fan. When my mom re-married, my stepdad's family took me in. And while my mom and stepdad worked during summer, my stepdad's parents babysat me. Grandpa was always watching baseball in summer. Rooting for the Cubs, rooting against the Braves (because the Braves left Milwaukee). Watching the Cubs beat the Indians and FINALLY win that World Series was incredible. My grandpa passed away before they won, and he never knew his team, the Cubs, as world champions.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/19/2020 9:48 am  #15

Wallflower wrote:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2010 - This game I will remember forever, I was at the game and the Bombers played terrible in the first half but managed to come back and win in overtime.
2019 - Of course the entire playoff run and first Grey Cup in my life and end of 29-year drought (the longest in the CFL until then)

Minnesota Vikings
Easily the Minneapolis Miracle

Winnipeg Jets
2018 Playoff Run, especially the second round against Nashville, as well as Game 1 of the WCF vs Vegas because I was at the street party which was insane.

There's plenty more but these are always the first I remember

Good to see another CFL fan. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world aside from my father and grandfather. REDBLACKS and TiCats for life!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/20/2020 8:21 pm  #16

Ah, favorite memories for sports....

NHL: 2018-19 Stanley Cup final. Seeing Ovechkin, one of my all time favorites, win a Cup after so long was sweet. That, or the Sens miracle run.

CFL: 2016 Grey Cup. Witnessing the RedBlacks hoisting the Cup was sweet. They are the only team that I cheer for who I've seen from the beginning.

MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL aren't really watched in my house so I don't have any for them.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera