Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2020 10:33 pm  #1

AHS’s "WHAT IF...?” (The Mushroom Kingdom)

Based on our Mario banter, you get 6 mon on the ice during game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, who would it be?

I'd make a rule of max of 1 legendary, pseudo legendary or starter evolution line. Other than that gen 1 and 3rd evolution = veterans and most recent gen and base  = rookies (So take that purists). All stats carry over? Attack = Offense, Defense = Defense, Sp. Attack = Powerplay, Sp. Defense = Goalie maybe? HP = Penalty Kill... idk just screwing around.

I only put all that so if we compared them I could call bs on your salary cap haha! Always have wanted to make a fictional league based on the Pokemon regions. Would really push the limits of logo designs considering things like the Philadelphia Flyers would become the Flygons... maybe one day we could collaborate on this idea... who knows. Maybe we could even make some sigs.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (6/04/2020 2:56 pm)

5/28/2020 11:33 pm  #2

Re: AHS’s "WHAT IF...?” (The Mushroom Kingdom)

I'll start it off with a combo that I thought had some diversity and might be a young team that is about to push cap depending on how you look at it. I'd give them about 5 years before adjustments need to be made. Anyways, here's my example. 

Center: Weavile - This is an explosive offensive player that has the speed to give them the edge. Only a second stage to keep down cost, but their potential cap is hit (although it is high). 4th generation puts Weavile right at mid range, meaning they still probably have one large contract coming their way.

Left Wing: Marshadow - How dare I use my legendary on this thing!!! But this team is built on a high speed offense and that is provided with this sleek little guy. Only one stage of them and they sit in the 7th gen, so that means there is a long career ahead. This is the player I fear will run the team into cap issues eventually.

Right Wing: Toxicroak - Not the fastest, but there is some strong offense here. Thought I'd bring on another 2 stage mon if I am going all out from my legendary. They are another 4th gen, so he probably has good line chemistry with Weavile. 

Left Defenseman: Torkoal - This old dog... I mean tortoise... has some tricks still. He might be the slowest and oldest guy on the line, but he is a stellar defenseman that can watch the backs of all the offense. He wears the "C" and probably took a pay cut to get here so he wants it bad. Although he only has one stage, he will most likely go dormant in a few years being a gen 3. 

Right Defense: Dusknoir - The second of two cap heavy players, but well worth it. Dusknoir is my prime Brent Burns, but with better defense. He can jump in the play or hang back and either option will be the right one. He is another gen 4 and a third stage in an evolutionary chain, which means he is starting to see some gray. 

Goalie: Umbreon - (Based on Sp. D) After looking at some bulky boys I went back to the eveelutions just to see if I could steal another stage 2. Sure enough, Umbreon would make an unbelievable goalie. The Sp. D stat might not be the highest, but is an absolute steal for not having a third evolution. Only downside is that they are a gen 2, making it something I might compare to a Fleury right now. 

A real dark heavy theme here. I like that. Let's see if anyone else accidentally or purposely does that.

5/29/2020 12:31 am  #3

I'm gonna try to build an Old school Bruins style team, so hard-checking, sound Defense and strong goalie play.

Center: Obstagoon, a nice solid defensive-minded center who can surprise people with his offense

Right Wing: Vigoroth, a maniac on the board and a menace in front of the net, he's getting up there in age but he should be viable for awhile.

Left Wing: Hawlucha, a small, but talented attacking winger putting pucks in the neck ala Pasta.

Left Defense: Barbaracle Now here's come the big walls on the Back-end, he's my McAvoy..the Heir to the backend once my old-man Chara hangs it all up.

Right Defense: Swampert: Old Man Chara, a big boy on the blue line who can still punish you if you get in the way of his cannon from the back-end.

Goalie: Shuckle, simple..you don't *bleep*le with the Shuckle

Last edited by Darknes (5/29/2020 12:35 am)

5/29/2020 9:16 am  #4

Darknes wrote:

I'm gonna try to build an Old school Bruins style team, so hard-checking, sound Defense and strong goalie play.

Center: Obstagoon, a nice solid defensive-minded center who can surprise people with his offense

Right Wing: Vigoroth, a maniac on the board and a menace in front of the net, he's getting up there in age but he should be viable for awhile.

Left Wing: Hawlucha, a small, but talented attacking winger putting pucks in the neck ala Pasta.

Left Defense: Barbaracle Now here's come the big walls on the Back-end, he's my McAvoy..the Heir to the backend once my old-man Chara hangs it all up.

Right Defense: Swampert: Old Man Chara, a big boy on the blue line who can still punish you if you get in the way of his cannon from the back-end.

I'm not a huge Pokémon fan, personally. I started playing Go with my son, and I've watched a few episodes from various seasons, but that's it. But as a pro wrestling fan, Hawlucha is my favorite, and I'm so glad to see him get some love.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/29/2020 11:33 am  #5

Darknes wrote:

That's funny, I thought Vigoroth too. He is much more valuable than Slaking. Great team with some good mix. Shuckle is definitely your Tim Thomas. Time is ticking but he has aged like a fine wine.... before he runs out of legs to run on.. uh I mean tentacles?

5/29/2020 10:40 pm  #6

I suck at Pokemon, so feel free to correct me.  I've only played one game and didn't really pay attention to classes and ranks.

Center: Infernape. Quick and fast but packs a punch.

Right Wing: Machop. Solid in the corner and in front if the net.

Left Wing: Staridae. Need a bit of speed and toughness on a team, right?

Left Defense: Psyduck. Will quarterback the team and figure out the smart play.

Right Defense: Steelix. Not getting through him, trust me.

Goalie: Bronzong. Likely to be a bit scary on a breakaway, but excellent defense.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong here. I only have experience from casually playing one game.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/01/2020 3:31 pm  #7

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I suck at Pokemon, so feel free to correct me. I've only played one game and didn't really pay attention to classes and ranks.

Goalie: Bronzong. Likely to be a bit scary on a breakaway, but excellent defense.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong here. I only have experience from casually playing one game.

While an older team, I think you put together a team that could make the top 16 in a league!

I guess Pokemon doesn't hit everyones preference. Any suggestions for this week's "AHS What IF..?"

6/01/2020 4:19 pm  #8

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I suck at Pokemon, so feel free to correct me. I've only played one game and didn't really pay attention to classes and ranks.

While an older team, I think you put together a team that could make the top 16 in a league!

I guess Pokemon doesn't hit everyones preference. Any suggestions for this week's "AHS What IF..?"

We've done a bit of the Mario, might as well expand on that.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/04/2020 1:38 pm  #9

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

We'll, 3 of them were mainstays in my failed run through so I'm kinda biased.

And yes,  please I'm much better at Mario, so to quote him "LET'S A GO!"

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/04/2020 2:35 pm  #10

Well, I guess the infamous Mario draft could not be ignored forever.

To make it not a long winded argument about one player on each post, I have two ideas we can play with. The first is a collaborative draft where the community puts together a list of how a first round would play out from top to bottom. Everyone can state their case for each player and either we can submit our own individual  lists or I can set up a poll in stages (5 to 10 at a time) with the most agreed upon characters per tier. Tier being 5-10 players who are 1-5 stars. We all agree on stars then vote on the group.

The second one being like the Pokémon draft, but I’ll allocate points that can be used for your team kind of like a salary cap. This will also have a star system, with the highest stars costing more points. From there we can do a round robin tournament or something, and I’ll figure out a way to do a sim through votes or something.

For both options, we will need to start with picking a sport.

Board footera