Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2020 11:31 pm  #51

Re: The Story of Driveball

I'll make my bio later, but I'm saying Community-Owned in Albany. 

5/25/2020 11:59 pm  #52

Three way tie.

Albany
Minnesota
Philadelphia

One point each.

5/26/2020 12:53 am  #53

Name: Samuel Nelson
Favorite DANA team: Chicago Gaels
Favorite team(s) in other sports: Minneapolis Lakers (Basketball), Mitchell Kernels (Baseball), Winnipeg Blue Bombers (Football), University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
Vote on potential Albany buyer: Jesse Lindholm

Last edited by sportsfan7 (5/26/2020 12:54 am)

5/26/2020 12:19 pm  #54

Updated tally.

Minnesota - 2
Albany - 1
Philadelphia - 1

5/26/2020 12:28 pm  #55

Personally i think it is to early for Minnesota, St Louis or Los Angeles. Somewhere close to where the teams are would be a little more approppriate in my opinion. Like Philadelphia which is considerably larger than Minneapolis-St Paul and Albany at the time Plus travel costs to get to the other cities for those 3 cities i mentioned would be a nightmare.

Last edited by Rugrat (5/26/2020 12:32 pm)

5/26/2020 12:39 pm  #56

Name: Tommy Danson
Occupation: World War II veteran (had lied about his age to enlist), now an engineer for Western Electric.
Favorite DANA teams: Fort Wayne Appleseeds & Rochester Millers (tie)
Favorite Teams: Chicago White Sox (baseball), Oshkosh All-Stars (basketball), Green Bay Packers (football)
Vote on potential Albany buyer: Albany community (Tommy likes small-market teams, so he wants the Caps to stay in Albany; in addition, his favorite football team, the Packers, are community-owned and a success)

5/26/2020 1:06 pm  #57

Rugrat wrote:

Personally i think it is to early for Minnesota, St Louis or Los Angeles. Somewhere close to where the teams are would be a little more approppriate in my opinion. Like Philadelphia which is considerably larger than Minneapolis-St Paul and Albany at the time Plus travel costs to get to the other cities for those 3 cities i mentioned would be a nightmare.

So should Milwaukee get a team before Minnesota?

Also, here's the updated tally...

Philadelphia, Minnesota and Albany each tied at 2.

5/26/2020 1:15 pm  #58

NeoPrankster wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Actually, he'd already voted for Philly before...why he didn't just leave his comments in his voting post I don't know.

5/26/2020 1:33 pm  #59

Name: James P. Doddington
About: Doddington was born near Indianapolis, and went to school at the University of Indiana. He is a Hoosier through and through.
Occupation: Owner of a chain of box stores based in Indianapolis, IN. Doddington's is your go-to store for all your household needs.
Favorite DANA teams: Fort Wayne Appleseeds
Favorite Teams: Chicago Cubs (baseball), Indianapolis Katuskys (basketball), Chicago Cardinals (football), Chicago Blackhawks (hockey)
Vote on potential Albany buyer: To quote James: "Although I like the idea of keeping the team in Albany, I believe any team will require a strong leader to guide the team going forward, or the team will continue to flounder. With all due respect to Tommy Danson, but there's no guarantee that a community owned team in Albany, run as the Green Bay Packers, will appoint the right person to run the team. Jesse Lindholm is the best choice to purchase the team. He already has the vision to use his family's fortune to move the team to the state of Minnesota and invest into making the team a success both on the field and financially."

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/26/2020 3:03 pm  #60

Burmy87 wrote:

NeoPrankster wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Actually, he'd already voted for Philly before...why he didn't just leave his comments in his voting post I don't know.

A. Yes beacuse Minnesota's closest team is Chicago which is five hours away, plus the area had like 50,000 people back then. Milwaukee had a bigger population than Minny then. Be smart people!
B. Are you Dr Phil all of a sudden Burmy87?

Last edited by Rugrat (5/26/2020 3:04 pm)

Board footera