Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/19/2020 7:21 pm  #111

Re: The National Association of Professional Football Clubs

Veras wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Darknes wrote:

Now you've got me thinking on who that might be

I’ll take a stab at it. Is it the Crows?

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Still my favorite team I suggested a name for.

That ended up being one of my favorite identities in the league. In all honestly, the only reason that I don't plan on using it for an early team is that I really liked the KC logo, which I couldn't use if I put them in another city.

Crows kinda fits in with Cleveland or Cincinnati

6/19/2020 7:31 pm  #112

Rugrat wrote:

Veras wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

That ended up being one of my favorite identities in the league. In all honestly, the only reason that I don't plan on using it for an early team is that I really liked the KC logo, which I couldn't use if I put them in another city.

In the old thread, Cleveland and Cincy had two of the oldest teams in the Ghosts and the Guardians, likely not a chance that they'll be renamed.

6/19/2020 7:34 pm  #113

Darknes is exactly right. In fact, one of those teams is already in the league, though not yet in those cities or under those names.

Crows is alliterative, but I like the nicknames that I have for those two cities more. Based on how the league grew last time, Denver, Buffalo, or Portland would have been likely to pick off the Crows nickname - I liked the names that I had for them, but not the identities (Colorado's white jersey was probably my favorite, but their logo wasn't original enough, and I never landed on a logo that I didn't hate for the other two).

I like this

6/19/2020 7:56 pm  #114

Darknes wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Veras wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

In the old thread, Cleveland and Cincy had two of the oldest teams in the Ghosts and the Guardians, likely not a chance that they'll be renamed.

Why Ghosts for CLE? Cleveland isn’t haunted. Maybe the Erie Lakers could move their and keep their name sometime in the 30s-50s

6/19/2020 8:07 pm  #115

I actually wanted to use the name because of the movie [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastside_High_School_(Paterson,_New_Jersey)]Lean on Me[/url]. The school's team is the Ghosts and the colors are purple and orange. I liked that combo and wanted to use it. When I was deciding where to put them, my brain decided to play a word association game. Cleveland is on Lake Erie. Erie = eerie = spooky = ghost. I never did put them in orange, though.

EDIT: I guess their colors are navy and orange, but it looked purple in the movie! lol

Last edited by Veras (6/19/2020 8:09 pm)

I like this

6/19/2020 8:13 pm  #116

Veras wrote:

I actually wanted to use the name because of the movie [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastside_High_School_(Paterson,_New_Jersey)]Lean on Me[/url]. The school's team is the Ghosts and the colors are purple and orange. I liked that combo and wanted to use it. When I was deciding where to put them, my brain decided to play a word association game. Cleveland is on Lake Erie. Erie = eerie = spooky = ghost. I never did put them in orange, though.

EDIT: I guess their colors are navy and orange, but it looked purple in the movie! lol

Wow. Would have never guessed that would be the team backstory

6/19/2020 10:20 pm  #117

Veras wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Kalamazoo Crows?

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera