Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2020 3:30 pm  #511

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

QCS wrote:

I really think the logos were amazing this time around! My own were some of the best I've made yet, but my God was there some steep competition. Minnesota, Milwaukee, and Kansas City were all freaking incredible. Can't wait for the results!

I found St. Louis to also be a really tough choice as well.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/28/2020 3:44 pm  #512

Dan O'Mac wrote:

QCS wrote:

I really think the logos were amazing this time around! My own were some of the best I've made yet, but my God was there some steep competition. Minnesota, Milwaukee, and Kansas City were all freaking incredible. Can't wait for the results!

I found St. Louis to also be a really tough choice as well.

Yeah, almost every team had some awesome choices, you really couldn't go wrong on any of them.

5/28/2020 3:58 pm  #513

Gritty wrote:

~Bear wrote:

Is there a standard template for uniforms, or is it at the designers discretion to pick a template? Sorry if it was posted earlier and I missed it. 

Check this out, 
https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94882-nike-hypercool-football-template-release/

Great, thanks!

5/28/2020 5:26 pm  #514

Presenting the AltFL Central! You can officially make start making your mental wish lists, of course we must see how each team's uniform turns out.  Overall this has been a strong process with a ton more submissions and votes than the AltHL had.  I will also be adding the Central Logos to the Google folder for your use.  Remember that the SOUTH uniforms are due Saturday night.  I will release them on Sunday morning.  The NORTH will be due on Wednesday.  

And the league as a whole...

Thank you to everyone who submitted logos and suggestions throughout the process.  I think the league is coming together nicely.  We had a tremendous amount of diversity when it came to the uniform round for the AltHL.  I hope everyone takes a few shots at helping us out!

5/28/2020 5:51 pm  #515

Damn, the Central is one good looking league if I do say so myself.

I think that Kansas City might have the best logos/color schemes of any team in the league, definitely near the top of my wish list.

Kinda disappointed my Minnesota design didn't win, but Gritty really knocked it out of the park. The colors are amazing and I love the inclusion of the canoe paddle and MV.

Great logos all around, looking forward to seeing some unis!

5/28/2020 6:01 pm  #516

Section30 wrote:

Damn, the Central is one good looking league if I do say so myself.

I think that Kansas City might have the best logos/color schemes of any team in the league, definitely near the top of my wish list.

Kinda disappointed my Minnesota design didn't win, but Gritty really knocked it out of the park. The colors are amazing and I love the inclusion of the canoe paddle and MV.

Great logos all around, looking forward to seeing some unis!

The 'Battle for Minnesota' went down to the wire, so did our 'Battle for Milwaukee' - too bad you took home milwaukee instead.  But your duck head just ended up being the cleanest one (underrated color scheme IMO) I agree solid division for sure!

5/28/2020 6:09 pm  #517

I think we were lucky we saved the best divisions for last! Really hard decisions made here and well done to all those involved! Good luck to all designing uniforms!

For me, Kansas City was the toughest, as I could not decide between options A and D, with my decision of picking option A just because D's details would get lost when shrunken down. I'm pretty surprised that the vote wasn't as close as I though it would be, taking almost 69% of the vote. Guess people had the same thought process.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

5/28/2020 6:24 pm  #518

Section30, that mallard seems so familiar, but unique at the same time. I tried to find anything that reminded me of it and just kept running into an old Icethetics competition for the ducks, which got me nowhere considering I am pretty sure you would have won that competition as well with that logo way back when.

Kentucky and Kansas City are some looks I am very happy with. Now we got some derbys to set up that include man riding horse vs man riding horse and the big hat showdown. Think I'd be happy to grab about 90% of the league in the draft.

5/28/2020 6:57 pm  #519

I'm kinda bummed that the "Duckatrava" I pitched to Gritty lost (Option "B" in the Mallards poll)...it was my favorite design of the series (note the subtle Art Museum reference)

Still, Section30 did a FANTASTIC job with his though (and to be fair, his looked more distinctly like a mallard)...major congrats to 'im!

Ready to get the uni round goin'...

Last edited by Burmy87 (5/28/2020 9:15 pm)

5/28/2020 7:37 pm  #520

I think my half-victory for the Scarecrows logo leaves me with two name nominations and two winning logos. Noice.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera