Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2020 1:02 pm  #481

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

ANDY! wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

sevsdast wrote:

Honestly I see Diddy as a playmaker that can go from point A to Point B extremely quickly and is a master of suprise.

Exactly why I’m scouting him, such versatility allows him to be scouted for multiple positions. Captivating QB play is also very important, which is why I was thinking about Peach for that spot. Not the strongest arm, but great accuracy and vision. Problem is she’s strictly a pocket QB, can’t really scramble.

Would Diddy Kong be able to use his jetpack? Because if he is, there's no way he doesn't go #1

Even if he doesn’t, he still could go #1, you can’t teach athleticism like that.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/26/2020 1:11 pm  #482

ANDY! wrote:

Exactly why I’m scouting him, such versatility allows him to be scouted for multiple positions. Captivating QB play is also very important, which is why I was thinking about Peach for that spot. Not the strongest arm, but great accuracy and vision. Problem is she’s strictly a pocket QB, can’t really scramble.

Would Diddy Kong be able to use his jetpack? Because if he is, there's no way he doesn't go #1

Even if he doesn’t, he still could go #1, you can’t teach athleticism like that.

He's got the athleticism for sure, but I'm worried about his football IQ. Will he be able to run routes like a top-tier WR? I see Diddy as a high-risk, high-reward pick, but I'd rather have the safer option in Mario, his jump is unparalleled and his hands are large enough to catch and ball thrown his way, making him an excellent safety valve as well as deep threat.

5/26/2020 1:11 pm  #483

I've got my eye on Wario. That forward boost move he had in Wario Land on the Gameboy is exactly what I want to get those tough yards, grind the clock, and keep my defense fresh for when I need them

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/26/2020 1:17 pm  #484

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I've got my eye on Wario. That forward boost move he had in Wario Land on the Gameboy is exactly what I want to get those tough yards, grind the clock, and keep my defense fresh for when I need them

I agree. What really elevates Wario is his blocking ability, in my opinion. He's the very definition of "immovable object" and I challenge any defense worth their salt to try and get past him when he's protecting the QB. The only problem is he wants to get paid, making any GM's decision tough due to his talent.

5/26/2020 1:26 pm  #485

sevsdast wrote:

I love Nintendo, but I am not an owner, so this doesn't interest me for now.

It's all clearly a joke, no one's actually going to draft Mario characters because we think they have football potential. And I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but you don't get to decide the course of this thread. Just because you personally don't have an interest in the discussion doesn't mean you can simply say "This doesn't interest me, end of topic." The only people can decide where to place those boundaries are mods/admins (Balu the Bare, Steelman, MyTeamIsDr.Pepper, NoE38, and Section30) and Gritty, the thread starter. It's awesome to see someone be very active and participating, but you need to remember that you don't control what course the thread takes.

5/26/2020 1:28 pm  #486

I gotta say, how has no one mention the ball hawk abilities that Yoshi might have? I mean he can grab anything out of the air as a WR or DB. Guess, I'll just take him as a steal.

5/26/2020 1:38 pm  #487

sevsdast wrote:

I love Nintendo, but I am not an owner, so this doesn't interest me for now.

So... ignore it?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/26/2020 1:38 pm  #488

Wallflower wrote:

I gotta say, how has no one mention the ball hawk abilities that Yoshi might have? I mean he can grab anything out of the air as a WR or DB. Guess, I'll just take him as a steal.

You say that like there isn't a better option available! Birdo can literally suck balls out of the air, easily the best TE left.

5/26/2020 3:13 pm  #489

Alright everyone.  I think it is time to refocus ourselves on the purpose of the thread.  While an entertaining concept, we want to avoid these tangents on topics that exist outside the "AltFL Design Process".  Thanks.

5/26/2020 9:06 pm  #490

Watch for Toad and Yoshi as sleepers in the late rounds. Toad can slip through either side if the line to make the play, and Yoshi had amazing reach as a tight end*.

*At least in Canadian rules, don't know about NFL.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera