Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2020 8:25 am  #471

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

Careful Miles, I don't want you to have to represent yourself on grand theft franchise charges, eh?

As for logos, yes, I was disappointed in the lack of logos for LA, but it was still a great logo. The wordmark and colours work great. San Diego is quite decent. I'm not entirely sold on the ship coming out of the SD mark, but it still works somehow.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/26/2020 9:58 am  #472

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Careful Miles, I don't want you to have to represent yourself on grand theft franchise charges, eh?

As for logos, yes, I was disappointed in the lack of logos for LA, but it was still a great logo. The wordmark and colours work great. San Diego is quite decent. I'm not entirely sold on the ship coming out of the SD mark, but it still works somehow.

I’m a prosecutor, not a defense attorney. I’ll get Ray Shields to defend me.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/26/2020 10:24 am  #473

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you all the reminder that the CENTRAL logos are due tomorrow.  If you are working on concepts and think you may be 'right up' against the deadline just send me a message and I'll know to wait for you.  I'll want to drop the poll by tomorrow evening.  If you have any questions let me know.  

5/26/2020 12:29 pm  #474

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

sevsdast wrote:

Sorry about that, I was upset about the owner method, I calmed down and I am better than ever right now!

Welcome to the boards, I am known as a franchise thief (ask QCS), so be prepared to see some drama, usually involving me.

Gritty wrote:

sevsdast wrote:

What do you do as an owner anyways?

The whole league is created by everyone.  Very democratic here.  You'll notice that we love a good poll.  After the owner draft owners are then in control of a particular team.  They can then expand that team's identity how they would like.  They can make team traditions, pick fights for rivalries, build the stadium, etc.  Eventually we are going to play our league out in a fantasy football league so that the 'historical narrative' spirit of the boards is a living one.  

Pick fights, maybe throw some cheap shots at people, make funny asides to what Mario characters we’d want on our teams, it’s all around a good time.

Those two days with the Mario Sports scouting might be the funniest experience on this board yet. And hey, who doesn't love drama? We already have a curse in the AltHL, maybe "The Great Racers Heist" was for the better

sevsdast wrote:

This is basically a fantasy football league right?

Yep, once Gritty gets through all the initial work and pre-history, we actually play fantasy football.

5/26/2020 12:43 pm  #475

QCS wrote:

sevsdast wrote:

Sorry about that, I was upset about the owner method, I calmed down and I am better than ever right now!

Welcome to the boards, I am known as a franchise thief (ask QCS), so be prepared to see some drama, usually involving me.

Gritty wrote:

The whole league is created by everyone.  Very democratic here.  You'll notice that we love a good poll.  After the owner draft owners are then in control of a particular team.  They can then expand that team's identity how they would like.  They can make team traditions, pick fights for rivalries, build the stadium, etc.  Eventually we are going to play our league out in a fantasy football league so that the 'historical narrative' spirit of the boards is a living one.  

Pick fights, maybe throw some cheap shots at people, make funny asides to what Mario characters we’d want on our teams, it’s all around a good time.

Those two days with the Mario Sports scouting might be the funniest experience on this board yet. And hey, who doesn't love drama? We already have a curse in the AltHL, maybe "The Great Racers Heist" was for the better

sevsdast wrote:

Yep, once Gritty gets through all the initial work and pre-history, we actually play fantasy football.

Let’s not bring up that curse...besides, I’m looking to scout Diddy Kong as an RB or WR, such acrobatics and some amazing hands. Would be beneficial to pick up for my team.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)

5/26/2020 12:45 pm  #476

QCS wrote:

sevsdast wrote:

sevsdast wrote:

Let’s not bring up that curse...besides, I’m looking to scout Diddy Kong as an RB or WR, such acrobatics and some amazing hands. Would be beneficial to pick up for my team.

You can have Diddy Kong, I'm targeting Bowser as a D Lineman, that wrecking ball power can't be understated. 

5/26/2020 12:52 pm  #477

sevsdast wrote:

Honestly I see Diddy as a playmaker that can go from point A to Point B extremely quickly and is a master of suprise.

Exactly why I’m scouting him, such versatility allows him to be scouted for multiple positions. Captivating QB play is also very important, which is why I was thinking about Peach for that spot. Not the strongest arm, but great accuracy and vision. Problem is she’s strictly a pocket QB, can’t really scramble.

5/26/2020 12:52 pm  #478

Dibs on Waluigi (He seriously should have been in smash)

5/26/2020 12:57 pm  #479

Rugrat wrote:

Dibs on Waluigi (He seriously should have been in smash)

High risk, high reward there. Long reach and excellent coverage makes him shut down in the secondary, yet I think his attitude is much akin to Eli Apple or Pacman Jones, you’re gonna need someone to calm him down.

5/26/2020 12:59 pm  #480

sevsdast wrote:

Honestly I see Diddy as a playmaker that can go from point A to Point B extremely quickly and is a master of suprise.

Exactly why I’m scouting him, such versatility allows him to be scouted for multiple positions. Captivating QB play is also very important, which is why I was thinking about Peach for that spot. Not the strongest arm, but great accuracy and vision. Problem is she’s strictly a pocket QB, can’t really scramble.

Would Diddy Kong be able to use his jetpack? Because if he is, there's no way he doesn't go #1

Board footera