Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2020 4:55 pm  #451

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

Rugrat wrote:

All the logos look great! I may have not voted for any of them except for LA's but they still look good 
For now here are my top 5 for the owner draft
1. Arizona
2. Dallas
3. Philadelphia
4. Utah
5. San Diego

Be careful...I smell some thievery...

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/25/2020 5:10 pm  #452

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

All the logos look great! I may have not voted for any of them except for LA's but they still look good 
1. Arizona
2. Dallas
3. Philadelphia
4. Utah
5. San Diego

Well we'll have to wait to see who QCS is angling for and we'll know who Edgeworth will get.  Then we will also see if the Racers curse transfers.

5/25/2020 5:15 pm  #453

Gritty wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

1. Arizona
2. Dallas
3. Philadelphia
4. Utah
5. San Diego

Well we'll have to wait to see who QCS is angling for and we'll know who Edgeworth will get.  Then we will also see if the Racers curse transfers.

I stole from him once, I think that’s enough.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/25/2020 5:20 pm  #454

The logos for the NORTH and CENTRAL are now on the Google Folder 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hIdBNCzWHnz9Ya2LiRbfwkTCgoAYRW9y

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for our AltFL uniforms.  

Remember...the maximum...
1 primary helmet / 1 alternate helmet (primetime games)
1 home uniform (color) / 1 away uniform (white) / 1 alternate (using team colors)
3 pant options

Owners will be able to mix and match their uniforms as they see fit.  Their 'alternate uniform' however will be reserved for their primetime games.  I envision owners having fun with it.  

If only we could do this each week...perhaps when the AltFL starts turning a profit.  South Carolina always goes crazy with their weekly reveals.
https://footballscoop.com/news/heres-elaborate-uniform-reveal-youll-see-season/

Last edited by Gritty (5/25/2020 5:21 pm)

5/25/2020 5:51 pm  #455

Just a few thoughts as always!

Arizona Scorpions: While I did vote for the other logo due to its more vibrant colors and this one looking more "creepy crawly" than for my liking, the burnt red and old gold/tan color combo is a great one, not to mention that wordmark is awesome!   Definitely going to be a good looking team!

Los Angeles Sabercats: There may have only been one choice, but Gritty did really well here.  It's pretty funny how anytime we only have 1 submission, it still ends up being a great logo!  I'm curious if people go the New Orleans Saints route with this jersey, as the Sabercats have nearly an identical color scheme!  It'd look really good, IMO if it did.

Utah Raptors:  I really like this team a lot!  Great design, good color scheme, fun word mark with the evil eye coming out of the A.  It's a good thing this team can easily go green and black instead of just being stuck with green and yellow because...

Portland Grizzlies:  Well, it was bound to eventually happen.  We'd eventually vote for two teams with the same color scheme.  Normally green and yellow is a no brainer for a Portland team, but I actually went with the brown and black design to avoid two teams with the same color scheme in the same division (having figured the Raptors logo that won would in fact win).  I did like the bear head at the bottom of the paw mark design too, really creative.  None the less, this will be interesting to see how we as a community work around the Raptors and Grizzlies being the same colors.  I'd like to see the light blue be utilized a bit here!

Seattle Steelheads: LMAO, darn it Gritty!  I thought for sure my old-school Seahawks logo inspiration for the Steelheads would win out!   Great job with this logo though!  I do see a slight Miami Dolphins inspiration for the leaping fish, am I right?

San Diego Destroyers: This was a great contest!  While I did vote for the other logo, this one is really good too!  Seeing as the Buffalo Bolts already are blue and gray, I could see this team going with the double blue approach with the jerseys, and honestly I think it should be that way.

Definitely is looking more and more like a complete league!  Can't wait to see how the Central teams look!  

5/25/2020 6:18 pm  #456

Well I guess I'll hop on the rating the winners bandwagon...

Arizona: Even though I also voted for the other option, this one doesn't disappoint me. The other option was more vibrant as Stickman said, but a maroon and sand color scheme fits well in a team stuck in a desert.  

LA: Although there only was 1 submission (which I'm surprised we didn't have one in the previous rounds), I still think it holds up. Black/Gold is always a great combination, and I'm sure we'll have great designs to go along with it.

Utah: This is definitely one of my favorites out of all the logos we have so far. Can't wait to see what we can do with in the uniform design process

Portland:  I may be a sucker for kelly and gold color schemes, I went with the brown/black bear head-in-the-paw option, but I can deal with this as well. The two kelly/gold designs can probably be merged together into one in my opinion, like the Loons of the AltHL. Also I didn't notice the light blue in that design, so it'll be interesting how it gets used.

Seattle: This was a hard one to choose from, since I liked both options A and B equally. This version fits the modernness of the Seattle teams. This should be an interesting option to see if it gets a modern or traditional uniform design.

San Diego: Both options we equally good, and now that I'm realizing that this option was a double blue scheme, I think I like it more than the option I voted for. 

Overall, this was a very solid group. Can't wait for the next group and the uniform vote coming soon!

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

5/25/2020 6:22 pm  #457

Gritty wrote:

I stole from him once, I think that’s enough.

I appreciate it, my friend! I'll be careful not to curse your franchise with my infamous Denver voodoo!

sevsdast wrote:

Where do we sign up for the owner draft?

As of now, we have all 24 owners. Expansion in the future is possible, but it's all up to what Gritty wants to do.

5/25/2020 6:31 pm  #458

sevsdast wrote:

Who are they?

I'm not sure of the exact list, but off the top of my head:
QCS (me)
Gritty
Steelman
ProsectuorMilesEdgeworth
Stickman
Section30
Burmy87
Dan O'Mac
DireBear
~Bear
ThisIsFine
Thehealthiestscratch
MyTeamIsDr.Pepper
Rugrat
CCLXXXVII
Wallflower
Darknes
Balu The Bare
WithaCapitalG
FC Macbeth
3pointtally
JamHeronArk
n00bthtpwnz(?)

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this list, only Gritty knows for certain at this point. We'll know the full list when the owner draft order is revealed.

5/25/2020 6:35 pm  #459

sevsdast wrote:

How can I be part of it, I want this opportunity.

As of now, I don't believe Gritty is accepting new owners. You'll have to wait a season for expansion/replacement, just like the AltHL. Unfortunately these things were decided over a month ago.

5/25/2020 6:36 pm  #460

I agree with everyone.  This group in particular had a lot of solid choices.  The winners were just winners barely..except for Utah.  Although they had only like 57% they ran away with it.  (I voted for this one over mine!)

As for LA.  I was shocked too that nobody else jumped in with it.  Although I wanted to do a profile of a saber tooth tiger I decided to go face forward to avoid similarities with the Nashville Preds and the San Jose Sabercats.  I personally love the black/gold color scheme and am glad one team has it.  I chose those colors for LA because I was thinking colors similar to LAFC of the MLS.  Gold = Oscar Gold and Black = tar black for the La Brea Tar Pits.  

I typically sit out on the uniform round just to see what everyone comes up with.  I only send one forward if I am super inspired or we are in need of an option.  Looking forward to the next stage.

As for the AltFL fans out there looking to own a team but joined after the application...I'd suggest hanging around and participating.  There always may be someone who decides they can't commit to being an owner or whatnot.  We will lock the owner list at the Owner Draft stage.  Meaning I'll reach out to the owners and just confirm they are still on board.   - - - QCS responded while I was typing my response and he's right on at the moment.  We'll see for sure as we get closer to the owner draft.  Stick around.

Last edited by Gritty (5/25/2020 6:37 pm)

Board footera