Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2020 10:51 am  #441

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

This set was the tightest of the three so far.  Despite having slightly fewer submissions the races were extremely close.  

The league is coming together...one more division to go.  We already have a good number of submissions with more on the way.  Uniforms are on the horizon.  With the Owner Draft just around the corner..start getting those wish lists ready.

Last edited by Gritty (5/25/2020 10:52 am)

5/25/2020 12:36 pm  #442

Unfortunately, I had "idea writer's block" here, so wasn't able to send in any of my ideas...but I know all of the winners are lookin' sharp.  Lookin' forward to the Central polls!

BTW, could you upload the North and West logos to the Drive, please? (For help with the uni concepts)  Thank you again. 

5/25/2020 12:58 pm  #443

Hey, just so you know, I didn’t actually design the Destroyers logo, I just sent an idea to Gritty.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/25/2020 1:25 pm  #444

Aw man that went the opposite way I was hoping for. I loved the other Arizona logo because the colors were so bright and vibrant! I’m also disappointed with Seattle because I’m tired of working with teal/turquoise/aqua whatever you want to call it. Worst of all is that Arizona wasn’t even one to get a turquoise submission.

5/25/2020 1:29 pm  #445

Overall I liked this group a lot more! There were several great options to chose from for a couple teams, which is always good. I didn't submit any this time, none of the names got my creative brain thinking hard enough to work, but I'll be back in the Central Division! I think the league is shaping up very nicely, my biggest concern right now is actually something that popped up in the AltHL as well: Gritty has created 8 of the 18 logos so far, and due to the nature of logo design, they tend to look similar to each other. I'm not at all saying that the logos shouldn't have won, Gritty is insanely talented, but I hope the next division can bring a touch more stylistic uniqueness to the league. I think the team I'm most excited to see is Kansas City, Scarecrows is a name that can lend itself to some really neat designs.

Quick edit: Gritty, is the Steelheads wordmark based on the Falcons' wordmark? It looks really familiar and I can't decide if it's closer to the Falcons or Seahawks.

Last edited by QCS (5/25/2020 1:30 pm)

5/25/2020 3:10 pm  #446

QCS wrote:

Overall I liked this group a lot more! There were several great options to chose from for a couple teams, which is always good. I didn't submit any this time, none of the names got my creative brain thinking hard enough to work, but I'll be back in the Central Division! I think the league is shaping up very nicely, my biggest concern right now is actually something that popped up in the AltHL as well: Gritty has created 8 of the 18 logos so far, and due to the nature of logo design, they tend to look similar to each other. I'm not at all saying that the logos shouldn't have won, Gritty is insanely talented, but I hope the next division can bring a touch more stylistic uniqueness to the league. I think the team I'm most excited to see is Kansas City, Scarecrows is a name that can lend itself to some really neat designs.

Quick edit: Gritty, is the Steelheads wordmark based on the Falcons' wordmark? It looks really familiar and I can't decide if it's closer to the Falcons or Seahawks.

That's the Falcons word mark.

5/25/2020 3:14 pm  #447

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

That's what I thought. It works really well here.

5/25/2020 3:17 pm  #448

QCS wrote:

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

I also feel you on 'logo diversity'.  But honestly it has a lot to with numbers.  I submit probably two for every team (one for me and at least one for people submitting ideas) - to give some choices.  The good thing in the AltFL is that a lot of my ideas that have one the credit can be shared with the ideas of someone else.  So while it may look similar there is a lot of collaboration happening, which is good.  Not a huge deal but I see what you are you saying.

Last edited by Gritty (5/25/2020 3:18 pm)

5/25/2020 4:00 pm  #449

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

Gritty wrote:

I also feel you on 'logo diversity'.  But honestly it has a lot to with numbers.  I submit probably two for every team (one for me and at least one for people submitting ideas) - to give some choices.  The good thing in the AltFL is that a lot of my ideas that have one the credit can be shared with the ideas of someone else.  So while it may look similar there is a lot of collaboration happening, which is good.  Not a huge deal but I see what you are you saying.

Yeah, I think it would be solved if more logos in total were submitted. The logos themselves look great, I think you're supremely talented, and it's good to know that most of them are collaborations. Mostly I look at the eyes of logos like Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto and I can't help but notice the similarities. The Steelheads logo is a nice change of pace and looks unique (I honestly couldn't tell it was you until I read the credits) and I think it comes back to the eyes. It's a good thing that my biggest complaint is "they all look so good and have small similarities" and not that they look bad. 

5/25/2020 4:37 pm  #450

All the logos look great! I may have not voted for any of them except for LA's but they still look good 
For now here are my top 5 for the owner draft
1. Arizona
2. Dallas
3. Philadelphia
4. Utah
5. San Diego

Board footera