Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2020 2:43 pm  #331

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

Dan O'Mac wrote:

NeoPrankster wrote:

I hope you guys don't mine me asking, but will there be an AltBA for basketball or an AltLB for baseball?

I LOVE baseball and would be into it. But really, we just need to fill up that crazy stadium in Los Angeles with the rotating floor.

When two teams play on the same day at the same time do we get to see a constant turntable presentation bringing the games in and out of the main stadium? Two tickets for the price of one! The players might not like playing on a constantly moving surface though.

5/11/2020 2:56 pm  #332

NeoPrankster wrote:

I hope you guys don't mine me asking, but will there be an AltBA for basketball or an AltLB for baseball?

There have been talks about an AltLB and AltBA.  We are going to try and do these one at a time and see how they go.  We get to learn about our process and improve for each thing that we do.  It is a good idea though and we'll arrive there eventually.  Patience for now though.

Last edited by Gritty (5/11/2020 3:04 pm)

5/11/2020 3:01 pm  #333

Also, 

Over the weekend I created the AltFL schedule and am excited for our schedule release that will come right after the Owner Draft.  We are going to have primetime games, Thanksgiving games, etc. 

As for the logos...we have had some good collaborations so far.  I think we will end up have multiple entries for each franchise but there is plenty of room to add to the list.  Remember that the South Division is due on Saturday.  I'll announce the next division on Wednesday.  I will say this..the entries so far are pretty cool. 

As we get to the next division we will have to be careful about not duplicating too many looks and color schemes. 

5/11/2020 3:53 pm  #334

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

NeoPrankster wrote:

I LOVE baseball and would be into it. But really, we just need to fill up that crazy stadium in Los Angeles with the rotating floor.

When two teams play on the same day at the same time do we get to see a constant turntable presentation bringing the games in and out of the main stadium? Two tickets for the price of one! The players might not like playing on a constantly moving surface though.

HA!  That would be pretty hilarious!  Unfortunately, the true answer would probably be a bit more boring.  The 5 sports leagues would just have to be careful not to schedule 2 different sports to play in Los Angeles on the same day.  Actually, the real fun could be if the rotating floor broke down in between games, forcing a team to play on a foreign surface, (football teams playing on a baseball field, for example, which has happened many times in real life).

5/11/2020 3:55 pm  #335

Gritty wrote:

NeoPrankster wrote:

There have been talks about an AltLB and AltBA.  We are going to try and do these one at a time and see how they go.  We get to learn about our process and improve for each thing that we do.  It is a good idea though and we'll arrive there eventually.  Patience for now though.

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed this.  This would be pretty sweet to have all 4 major sports filled in!  Actually, a AltLS for soccer could be added down the road too, I'd imagine!  But yeah, I suppose we do have to be patient for now!   

5/11/2020 4:14 pm  #336

Stickman wrote:

Actually, the real fun could be if the rotating floor broke down in between games, forcing a team to play on a foreign surface, (football teams playing on a baseball field, for example, which has happened many times in real life).

What if we ended up with hardwood hockey or basketball on ice?

5/11/2020 7:36 pm  #337

Burmy87 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Actually, the real fun could be if the rotating floor broke down in between games, forcing a team to play on a foreign surface, (football teams playing on a baseball field, for example, which has happened many times in real life).

Basically roller hockey?

5/11/2020 8:29 pm  #338

NeoPrankster wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Basically roller hockey?

Sounds about right.  However, I would love to see basketball on ice!  Or even better, baseketball (the mix or baseball and basketball, if you get my reference)

Last edited by Stickman (5/11/2020 8:30 pm)

5/12/2020 6:46 pm  #339

Continue to get those logo submissions coming in.  No matter your level of design prowess you possess it is great to get in on the action.  Especially for the teams that you are rooting for.  I know it is a little early but I will officially open up the AltFL NORTH for logo submissions.  They will be due next Wednesday! The South submissions are due on Saturday.  Sunday I will send out the poll for the south.  We will release ALL of the logos at the same time.  

The AltFL NORTH - 

Toronto Beavers
Boston Nightriders
Buffalo Bolts
Philadelphia Brawlers
New York Emperors
Carolina Reapers

5/12/2020 9:17 pm  #340

If anyone is interested in helping with design, I do have an idea for 2 of these teams.  

Board footera