Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2020 9:04 pm  #321

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

Wouldn't Toronto plausibly have most of, if not all of, Canada? Especially if both the NFL and CFL don't exist?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/09/2020 9:17 pm  #322

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Wouldn't Toronto plausibly have most of, if not all of, Canada? Especially if both the NFL and CFL don't exist?

Plausibly but doesn't Toronto have that issue of not exactly being liked by the rest of Canada maybe outside of Ontario?  But then again that market might be split because you have Buffalo there. When looking into things for the AltHL Halifax gets all the Boston area local channels, so Boston might have Atlantic Canada and parts of Quebec in their market. 

5/09/2020 9:37 pm  #323

Darknes wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Just realized we have Hammerheads, Copperheads and Steelheads. Are there any more "head" names we could've gotten?

I mean if you wanted to go silly with Boston "Chowdaheads" or Blockheads if you wanna go all Charlie Brown.

I was also the one with the Vulcans, right Gritty?

Yes, sorry. Not sure why I missed it when I was typing it in.

5/09/2020 10:06 pm  #324

Thanks, Gritty! By my count:

DrPepper - 5
DireBear - 3
Edgeworth, Stickman, Burmy, Wallflower, Dan O'Mac - 2
Steelman, QCS, Gritty, NeoPrankster, Darknes, Sportsfan7 - 1

DrPepper cleaned up, with 5 names while DireBear followed with 3. No one was able to get 3 in a division, the most was 2 by DrPepper (in the South and West), Burmy in the North, DireBear in Central, and Wallflower, also in the Central. 

At least 5 (I didn't bother thinking too hard) names are in use or have been used by professional sports leagues: Birmingham Vulcans (Birmingham Vulcans, World Football League), Buffalo Bolts (Birmingham [Thunder]Bolts, XFL 2001), Kentucky Stallions (Baltimore Stallions, CFL), Portland Grizzlies (Memphis Grizzlies, NBA), Utah Raptors (Toronto Raptors, NBA), with several others also finding use as minor league teams for various sports. The Steelheads could potentially join this list as the name of Seattle's NHL team. 

Finally, and it pains me to say this, but the correct name of the team is the Carolina Reapers, correct? On the list you have Charlotte Reapers and I want to confirm.

5/09/2020 10:10 pm  #325

QCS wrote:

DrPepper - 5
DireBear - 3

DrPepper cleaned up, with 5 names while DireBear followed with 3. No one was able to get 3 in a division, the most was 2 by DrPepper (in the South and West), Burmy in the North, DireBear in Central, and Wallflower, also in the Central. 

At least 5 (I didn't bother thinking too hard) names are in use or have been used by professional sports leagues: Birmingham Vulcans (Birmingham Vulcans, World Football League), Buffalo Bolts (Birmingham [Thunder]Bolts, XFL 2001), Kentucky Stallions (Baltimore Stallions, CFL), Portland Grizzlies (Memphis Grizzlies, NBA), Utah Raptors (Toronto Raptors, NBA), with several others also finding use as minor league teams for various sports. The Steelheads could potentially join this list as the name of Seattle's NHL team. 

Finally, and it pains me to say this, but the correct name of the team is the Carolina Reapers, correct? On the list you have Charlotte Reapers and I want to confirm.

That's correct, Carolina Reapers.  

5/09/2020 10:26 pm  #326

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

DrPepper - 5
DireBear - 3

That's correct, Carolina Reapers.  

Unfortunate, thanks for the quick response.

5/10/2020 7:42 am  #327

Darknes wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Plausibly but doesn't Toronto have that issue of not exactly being liked by the rest of Canada maybe outside of Ontario?  But then again that market might be split because you have Buffalo there. When looking into things for the AltHL Halifax gets all the Boston area local channels, so Boston might have Atlantic Canada and parts of Quebec in their market. 

Sometimes, but not necessarily. Canadians got behind the Raptors. the Jays are Canada's team, especially post-Expo's. Canada likely would support. Its more the Leafs than Toronto. We hate you Yanks more so, especially in hockey. 

logically, I think Canada would support the Toronto team because we do like our footbal, CFL or NFL. Quick to turn on them, but we'd suppit them.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/11/2020 2:01 pm  #328

I hope you guys don't mine me asking, but will there be an AltBA for basketball or an AltLB for baseball?

5/11/2020 2:07 pm  #329

NeoPrankster wrote:

I hope you guys don't mine me asking, but will there be an AltBA for basketball or an AltLB for baseball?

That's entirely up to Gritty, he runs this whole thing. If he doesn't want to run it himself, I'd be happy to help. If you wanted to start it yourself, I imagine that'd be an option as well.

5/11/2020 2:09 pm  #330

NeoPrankster wrote:

I LOVE baseball and would be into it. But really, we just need to fill up that crazy stadium in Los Angeles with the rotating floor.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera