Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2024 7:54 pm  #1

2024 Torland Presidential Election

Dear friends and citizens! It just so happens that the Torland timeline coincides with real life with the Torland Presidential Elections happening, with Federal Day (Voting Day) on January 29th for the 2024 presidential term and inauguration on March 3rd for Revolution Day. I have decided to open up the vote to the community to add some fun into the project. I have prepared a google doc with details of each party and candidate and some hot issues in Torland to help you vote and help determine the next president of Torland! Below is a link to a voting form with links to the info doc and wiki. All votes must be submitted by March 2nd with the results revealed on March 3rd!

Link to Voting Form
Link to Info Doc
Link to Torland Wiki

Feel free to reach out via PM or Discord DM if you have any questions!

Cheers!
Steel

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

2/14/2024 6:31 am  #2

Re: 2024 Torland Presidential Election

Well, that's a new thing in these forums, developing political parties and candidates with history, wouldn't expect that here.

I have heard about the political parties of Torland in the Torland wiki (I go there sometimes, nice state flags by the way), seeing Torland's history and customs expand makes this interesting. Can't way to see more!

Fictional sports league and country fanatic.
If cows were made of grass, would they feed on grass?

3/01/2024 8:30 pm  #3

Update! The election race is still quite close and there's only a couple days left to vote. It's been super cool seeing all the votes come and each candidate rising and falling. Voting will close at noon PST on Sunday, March 3 and the results will be revealed later that day. Let your votes be heard!

3/05/2024 12:20 am  #4

Thank you everyone for adding your votes to make this election come alive! Having a real-life element to a fictional country was a super cool community project and experiment and I really enjoyed the whole process. We now reveal the results:

And here's a line chart showing how the votes would have gone over the course of Election Day:

3/08/2024 6:03 pm  #5

Are there any listed Political parties?

3/11/2024 5:44 pm  #6

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Are there any listed Political parties?

Yes, you can see the political parties listed on the Torland Wiki or much more in depth in the Google doc both linked in the first post.

Board footera