Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2020 4:14 pm  #11

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

I second both points made by THS. Some of my designs need a bit of explaining of explaining, such as color choices or inspirations. Additionally, having a standard jersey template ensures a more even playing field across the board. Can't wait to get the logo selection process started!

3/11/2020 10:15 pm  #12

Y'all are free to use my template, I'll send it over to Gritty. I can't recall where I found it but I made a Photoshop version and also have an Illustrator version somewhere as well.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/11/2020 10:26 pm  #13

Steelman wrote:

Y'all are free to use my template, I'll send it over to Gritty. I can't recall where I found it but I made a Photoshop version and also have an Illustrator version somewhere as well.

Do you have an MS Paint version?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

3/11/2020 10:34 pm  #14

FC Macbeth wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Do you have an MS Paint version?

I don't, but what would you need? A blank PNG? Shoot me a PM and we can work something out if you'd like.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/12/2020 9:42 am  #15

I'd love it if you could provide the Illustrator file as well. I'd imagine a blank PNG with just the outline would work for MS Paint users.

3/13/2020 10:42 am  #16

Ladies and Gentlemen! It is time for the Logo FaceOff.  The following links will take you to the poll.  Atop the poll is the image with all of the submissions.  The poll options are labeled Option A, B, etc. Just pay attention to the letters that correspond to the logo.  Zoom in on the image to see them more clearly.  Toronto, Philly, and New York ran unopposed.

Here at the AltHL we have started to form a community.  So as we enjoy assessing and voting on the logos let's focus on the positive. With that said, all of the submissions have tremendous promise.  I can see all of them on future AltHL sweaters.  

Charlotte and Winnipeg will be a separate poll that will come out on Sunday morning.  If you have submissions for those two teams please send them over ASAP. 

Following this process I will place all of the winning logos into a folder that you all can access.  We will then begin the uniform process which will work in a similar fashion.  Have fun!

Eastern Conference Logos
https://forms.gle/jJS8o9TWT4dsT5rz5​

Western Conference Logos
https://forms.gle/3dirHqfACb7JGaDZ6​

Central Conference Logos
https://forms.gle/wLtD6wdFMKeNqRUf8

Last edited by Gritty (3/13/2020 10:44 am)

3/13/2020 11:50 am  #17

Hey Gritty!

After I voted it won’t let me back in to go admire everyone’s fantastic work! Can we get a post of them on the thread?

3/13/2020 12:22 pm  #18

3/13/2020 1:25 pm  #19

Wow, some fantastic work here. I'd say that Minnesota had the strongest submissions overall, but every one is great. I'm surprised Portland had four different entries, but I guess people were really feeling the Sawblades name. (Speaking of, I just noticed you accidentally put "Calgary Wranglers" where "Portland Sawblades" should be on the graphic.) I really think we can't wrong here, every logo looks awesome!

Quick edit to go along with the Sawblades/Wranglers mix-up: You have Seattle's name where the Founders should be.

Last edited by QCS (3/13/2020 1:26 pm)

3/13/2020 3:35 pm  #20

It's fascinating how close in primary colors some of these  submissions are!  All 4 of Portland's being green, both of Montreal's being red, etc.  

Not to tip my hand here, (we do have a team draft after all, lol), but some of these teams just shot up my draft order (depending on what logos win of course)!  Really great work guys!  Definitely jealous of your design skills, haha!

Board footera