Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2019 10:19 am  #11

Re: The Suggestions Thread

CCLXXXVII wrote:

Magic Dynasty wrote:

Is there a way to add spoilers/hidden text to our posts?

I discovered that you can. Just add a

tag to a post.

Like this

Thanks!

Check out my Continental Basketball League here!
https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=22

5/25/2019 10:48 am  #12

I feel like having all the sports split up on the home page when the forum is still small is a little weird. For Football, Baseball, and Basketball there is only one thread, and there are zero for soccer. I think they would be easier to access if they were all just under one section for sports fan fiction, where you didn’t have to click on each individual sport from the home page.

Hopefully this makes sense it was kinda hard to describe lol

5/25/2019 11:29 am  #13

DoctaC wrote:

I feel like having all the sports split up on the home page when the forum is still small is a little weird. For Football, Baseball, and Basketball there is only one thread, and there are zero for soccer. I think they would be easier to access if they were all just under one section for sports fan fiction, where you didn’t have to click on each individual sport from the home page.

While it looks a bit empty now, I like this choice, as if someone is looking specifically for a basketball thread, there's a specific place for it. Once there are more people, the areas will fill up.

Check out my Continental Basketball League here!
https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=22

5/25/2019 12:57 pm  #14

Magic Dynasty wrote:

DoctaC wrote:

While it looks a bit empty now, I like this choice, as if someone is looking specifically for a basketball thread, there's a specific place for it. Once there are more people, the areas will fill up.

Basically this. I had the same thought when I put this place together. 
If it stays this size for a long time I'll probably prune it a bit, but for now it'll stay like this. 

Last edited by Balu the Bare (5/25/2019 12:57 pm)

Only the written records of his travels survive.

5/25/2019 5:04 pm  #15

DoctaC wrote:

I do wish to do a soccer thread but I'm a bit curious as to whether we can use real life stuff as the basis for it or not.

5/25/2019 5:07 pm  #16

Thunfish wrote:

DoctaC wrote:

I do wish to do a soccer thread but I'm a bit curious as to whether we can use real life stuff as the basis for it or not.

Yeah I think that's fine. I'd pm a mod first though.

5/25/2019 5:08 pm  #17

DoctaC wrote:

Thunfish wrote:

DoctaC wrote:

Yeah I think that's fine. I'd pm a mod first though.

Cheers, mate. Think I'll do that.

Uh... you lot might want to add some rules at some point in an easy place for people to see, while we're at it.

5/25/2019 5:10 pm  #18

Thunfish wrote:

What "real life basis" do you mean? As long as you come up with the logos and most of the storyline, it should be fine.

Thunfish wrote:

Uh... you lot might want to add some rules at some point in an easy place for people to see, while we're at it.

The site is just in the beginnings, so we're still working on the rules and whatnot. They should hopefully be up soon.

Last edited by NoE38 (5/25/2019 5:14 pm)

5/25/2019 5:12 pm  #19

NoE38 wrote:

Thunfish wrote:

What "real life basis" do you mean? As long as you come up with the logos and most of the storyline, it should be fine.

I intended to tell the story of a new soccer league that would take the place of the MLS once some sort of corruption scandal took it down. It'd feed itself from teams of the lower leagues at the time albeit under new identities and the eventual MLS team that would make the jump somehow, so I did consider getting some of the actual logos that the MLS teams used at the start and go from there, but if I need to make them from scratch too, it's cool.

Otherwise, I can just write some other stuff if that's deemed no good.

5/25/2019 5:17 pm  #20

Thunfish wrote:

NoE38 wrote:

Thunfish wrote:

I intended to tell the story of a new soccer league that would take the place of the MLS once some sort of corruption scandal took it down. It'd feed itself from teams of the lower leagues at the time albeit under new identities and the eventual MLS team that would make the jump somehow, so I did consider getting some of the actual logos that the MLS teams used at the start and go from there, but if I need to make them from scratch too, it's cool.

Otherwise, I can just write some other stuff if that's deemed no good.

That seems fine. We just want topics that people actually put time and effort into. Do try and make some identities from scratch though.

Board footera