Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2021 4:50 pm  #71

Re: AltHL Design 2021

FOR INTERTEMPORAL RELEASE

14 𐐖𐐭𐑌 2021

𐐇𐐼𐑋𐐲𐑌𐐻𐐲𐑌, 𐐈𐐢𐐒 - A reading from the book of 𐐝𐐭𐑅, chapter 1, verses 1 through 9:

¹The sun did not shine.
It was too cold to play.
So we sat in the house
all that cold, frozen day.

²I sat there with Iggy.
We sat there, we two.
And I said, 'How I wish
we had something to do!'

³Too cold to go out
and too cold to play ball.
So we sat in the house.
We did nothing at all.

⁴So all we could do was to
Sit!
      Sit!
            Sit!
                  Sit!
And we did not like it.
Not one little bit.

⁵And then something went BUMP!
How that bump made us jump!

⁶We looked!
Then we saw him step in on the mat!
We looked!
And we saw him!
The Cat in the Hat!
And he said to us,
"Why do you sit there like that?

⁷I know it is cold
and the sun is not sunny.
But Iggy, we're rich!
Now I have oil money!"

⁸Then I said, "What to do
when the dirt is so rocky?"
Said the cat, "Stupid b*tch!
Haven't you heard of hockey?"

⁹Then Iggy and I
did not know what to say.
So we strapped on our knife shoes
and skated away.

The word of 𐐝𐐭𐑅, for the people of 𐐝𐐭𐑅. Thanks be to 𐐝𐐭𐑅.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/14/2021 4:56 pm  #72

For Immediate Release
June 14th, 2021

Thetford Mines,QC, Canada

It is my pleasure to announce that KF11. Inc has purchased the majority of shares in the AltHL expansion team named the Detroit Angels. They will be taking interim ownership of the Detroit Angels, pending league approval of the team swap between them and the ownership of the Quebec Owls.

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/15/2021 3:28 pm)

6/14/2021 5:05 pm  #73

Congratulations to all of our new owners. Welcome to the AltHL. We are excited to have you apart of the league. 

Now it is time to start building each of your teams. What we need from you at this point...

Team Arena 
Minor League Team AAA
Minor League Team AA

6/14/2021 5:17 pm  #74

Smack dab in the heart of downtown Anchorage lies the Auroras arena. It is a giant igloo with a glass roof (which can be covered in case of bad enough weather), so that the northern lights can be seen during games. 17,000 fans can be seated inside the igloo, which will have an actual name later when the owner can be more creative.

The Auroras AAA team will be located in Victoria, British Columbia, under the name the Victoria Thespians. The fine arts scene in Victoria stood out to the owner when she selected the city.

The Auroras AA team will be located in Nome, Alaska, under the name the Nome Gnomes. The owner declined to explain that one, besides the fact that it sounds funny and she likes it.

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

6/14/2021 5:19 pm  #75

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Detroit, MI

After the AltHL's expansion to 6 new cities, owner Andy has decided to part ways with the Quebec Owls. He said, "It was a tough decision, but ultimately it was the decision that needed to be done. I just hope that someone can come and---"

Receptionist: "Mr. Kroonkles, Kingsfan11 is on the phone, he says he needs to speak to you urgently."

"I'll be right there."

"What's new, KF11?"
"Well, I just saw that you had given up ownership of Quebec. Poor timing as I had just picked up Detroit with the last pick." 
"That really is a shame, man. You could have picked them up from me, being from Quebec and all..."
"Well, that's why I'd like to speak with you. I know you just built headquarters in the Detroit area, and I just bought the Angels. Here's what I'll offer you. I'll buy the Owls now that you're gone, and I give you the Angels."

"Done."

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Kroonkles."

And just like that, we have the first Owner trade in AltHL history. It's a shame Quebec has been juggled around for so long, but I know they're in good hands. As for me, I gotta go say HALO to my new subjects-- workers in Detroit. 

6/14/2021 5:45 pm  #76

Upon getting ownership of the Quebec Owls, KF11 Inc. has released a statement that the Owls would stay at La Patinoire Provinciale for the foreseeable future but that both their minor league teams would be moving. Indeed, their AAA team in Gatineau would be moving due to proximity with the expansion Ottawa Guardians. Likewise, their AA team would move back into Quebec territory after being in Rhode Island for the past 20 years.

Kingsfan11, the mysterious man behind KF11 inc. also issued a statement saying that he was delighted to be the owner of the team in the provincial capital of his home province "The Owls deserve to have an owner who will care about what Quebeckers want for their team" He also added that it was a pleasure to talk to former Quebec and new Detroit owner ANDY! about swapping their teams, " He is a great guy, and I'm pretty sure he will satisfy the needs of the people of Detroit more than I ever would have."

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/14/2021 5:47 pm)

6/14/2021 7:39 pm  #77

Rural Ontario.

In a small village that is older than Canada, there is a small industrial park from the 1800s. There, we find our man. Bearded and little overweight, he stands in the midst of the ruins wearing a navy and white stripped blazer and jeans. Turning to the press, he said, "I will be taking ownership of the Ottawa Guardians. Our AAA team will be the Gatenauex Roughriders, and the AA will be the Windsor Hurricanes. Gatenauex is named after the famous Ottawa Roughriders if the CFL an Windsor is named after the Hurricane fighters of WW2. We have a great city, and a great system. Our fans will be loud, our teams will be tough. Time to Guard the Capital."

As of yet, Dol Amroth Corps has not announced the arena they will be occupying, but reports say there may be many fantastical elements to the design. Owner Osgiliath Guard has stated that coaches will be announced after the roster is set, but reports link multiple former players, including names from the San Francisco Dragons and Vancouver Glaciers.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (6/28/2021 5:33 am)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/14/2021 11:57 pm  #78

FROM THE VAULTS:

19 September 2018

Edmonton, AB - Wildcats head coach and Edmonton hockey legend Wayne Gretzky was on hand to break ground on the team's new arena. The building, which is designed to look like a hard hat, will be known as the Enbridge Dome after naming rights were purchased by the petroleum giant earlier this year. Strangely, team owner Igneus D. McQueen was not present, as he was busy being "uh, up further north, if you catch my drift."

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/15/2021 12:03 am  #79

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

MAY 2 20... err... actually it's JUNE 14 2021

“Dire aren’t you going to announce something important?”

“What do you mean? The only thing I know I’m supposed to do is work on my dumb fictional sports league.”

“You have an AltSports team you still need to announce.”

“Oh, right, that thing”

As soon as Dire said that, his eyes widened as if he had made a grave mistake.

“I’m seeing ghosts.”

“Figuratively or lit...?”

Before the intern even got to finish their sentence, Dire was already out of the building on his way to the nearest podium he could where there conveniently were reporters ready for a major announcement.

“We’ve been standing here for over a month! Thank the Holy Spirit you’re finally here! So what are your important announcement or announcements?” The reporters all somehow said in unison.

“Well sorry to keep you waiting I’ve been doing stuff. So anyway, I would like to properly introduce myself as the new owner of the Chicago Ghosts. And with some new ownership we have some new minor league affiliates. I would like to present to the world for the first time our new AAAltHL and AAltHL teams: the Indiana Thunderbolts and the Memphis Jackals!”

The AAA team that called Indy home will be staying home, but the newly-renamed Pennzoil Arena will house a rebranded team. The Thunderbolts is a take on the lightning fast cars that zoom within Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and feature a modern uniform set with gold primary and black alternate.

The AA team that was originally in Daytona will be moving slightly up north near Beale Street into the Bass Pro Shops Pyramid Arena, where Dire bought the Pyramid with a crisp $2 bill, a huge fish he found in the Mississippi, and the inflatable Pyramid of Giza from a movie feature small yellow minion-type creatures. The Jackals are named after the Egyptian God of death, Anubis, who is traditionally represented by a jackal. They have a more traditional set, with a red primary and a black alternate.

“Oh, and one final announcement,” Dire quickly said, “we’re hiring a new coach, which will be Joel Quennville from the period of 2010-2015.” No reason was given why that period in particular, as Dire ran back to his office located right next door to the press room.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

6/15/2021 12:12 am  #80

For Immediate Release
June 15th, 2021

The Quebec Owls are pleased to announce that they have hired Marcel Dionne as their new head coach. They have also hired Marty McSorley and Luc Robitaille as assistant coaches

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/16/2021 1:23 pm)

Board footera