Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2020 9:22 am  #1

American-Canadian Basketball Association

Welcome to the American-Canadian Basketball Association (A-C BA). Set in 1965, this league really brings something new to the sport of basketball consisting of six teams from the United States, but also six teams from North of the border in Canada. The league is split up into the American Division and the Canadian Division, with the six US teams in the American, and the six Canadian teams in the Canadian. 
The top two teams in each division will qualify for the playoffs, where the winners of each division meet up in the final. The first series will be a best of 5 series, while the A-C BA Finals will be a best of 7 series. The Canadian Division Champion will receive the Pearson Cup, while the American Division Champion will receive the Johnson Cup. The Champion of the A-C BA Finals will receive the 49th Parallel Trophy.
The Pearson Cup derives its name from the Prime Minister of Canada at the time, Lester B. Pearson. So is the same for the Johnson Cup, deriving its name from US President, Lyndon B. Johnson. These two trophies will be traveling year by year with the champion of their respective division. The 49th Parallel trophy derives its name from the straight-line border from the Northwest Angle to Washington which divides the United States and Canada. The 49th Parallel Trophy will be new every year and will not be traveling along with the champion. 

Two teams will be revealed alphabetically every day until all 12 are revealed. Teams as of right now have the same uniform design, as the league is just beginning. Later on, changes will be made to make the teams look more unique. Once all teams are revealed, then the inaugural season of the A-C BA begins. The simulation will be done the same way Section30 does for his MAHL, using a random generator. 

And I must give credit where credit is due. Shout out to Steelman, Section 30, and ItDoesntMatter for inspiration and/or help working out the logistics of the league. And I could not do this whole project alone so I have been gifted the talents of JamHeronArk who will be responsible for all write-ups after this one, along with designing the identities of two of our teams. I can’t wait to get this league going, and I hope we can all have a good time here.

Last edited by ANDY! (8/01/2020 9:23 am)

8/01/2020 9:30 am  #2

Re: American-Canadian Basketball Association

Definitely looking forward to this!

8/01/2020 9:41 am  #3

Like where this is going and I am excited to see the Canadian teams here.

8/01/2020 8:54 pm  #4

Looking forward to this collaboration! We don't get too many basketball series and not too many collabs either, so this should be fun!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/02/2020 10:08 am  #5

Here are the first two teams in the A-C BA. C+C is Appreciated!

Coach: Jermaine Sterling
Stadium: Stampede Corral

Coach: Michael Lane
Stadium: Olympia Stadium

8/02/2020 10:54 am  #6

GoRedSox96 wrote:

Nice job with both first teams! Can you explain why you chose Jets for Detroit?

Honestly, a lot of these teams were thought of way before this league was ever a thought. This is an example of it where I just liked the Jets name for a team when I was younger. Later on, I just kept it for the league here. I did find the connection with Detroit International Airport, so we'll go with that. 

8/02/2020 11:49 am  #7

Lots of Raptors and Bucks vibes, but love them both. The colours for Detroit are great.
I would say the C with the hat in the CGY logo feels like is a bit lost in the bigger circle around. Feels like its too small compared, but I love the idea I just feel the balance is off. 

8/02/2020 11:44 pm  #8

Wow, a basketball league on this site? I must say that it sounds and looks pretty promising so far! Calgary and Detroit also look pretty solid as well. Have you put any thought into who would televise games in the US and Canada? Keep up the good work!

8/03/2020 6:06 am  #9

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

Wow, a basketball league on this site? I must say that it sounds and looks pretty promising so far! Calgary and Detroit also look pretty solid as well. Have you put any thought into who would televise games in the US and Canada? Keep up the good work!

Haha yeah I hope this goes pretty well. And I haven’t really put a lot of thought in it yet. I figured that would come into play later as the NBA was still pretty popular but I honestly don’t know what games were televised in 1965. That’s definitely something To look into though!

8/03/2020 10:13 am  #10

Here are the next two teams in the A-C BA. Thanks for all the feedback on Calgary and Detroit! 
For clarification, Guerriers is French for Warriors.

Stadium: Montreal Forum
Coach: Cyler Little

The next team was created by my partner in crime, JamHeronArk. 

Stadium: Alumni Hall
Coach: Joe Haney

As always, feel free to leave your feedback. C+C is appreciated!

Board footera