Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2024 10:17 pm  #1

The AltCAA Season 2024

Welcome to season three of the AltCAA. Please fill out the form below if you are returning, a new owner, or stepping back for this season.

Click HERE

The due date for this will be 7/27/24

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/22/2024 11:45 pm  #2

Re: The AltCAA Season 2024

With everyone returning and no new teams, it's time to discuss scheduling. I present you with three options:

Option 1) Same as 2022. We have 20 teams, 4 conferences of 5 teams. Every team plays a home-and-home against the other four teams in their conference with two non-conference games. Best conference record in each conference hosts bowl game, best 4 overall records after that also qualify as the road team.

Option 2) Same as 2023. We have 20 teams, 4 conferences of 5 teams. Every teams plays one game against the other teams in their conference with six non-conference games. Best overall record in each conference hosts bowl game, best 4 overall records after that also qualify for a bowl game as the road team.

Option 3) We have 16 teams, 2 conferences of 8 teams. Everyone plays one game against the other teams in their conference with three non-conference games. Two best teams in each conference by conference record host a bowl game (preserving traditional bowl games as best as possible), 4 best teams via overall record after that will be road team in the bowl game.

Please access the sheet HERE to vote for your preference. I will close the voting on July 27th.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (7/22/2024 11:48 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/23/2024 6:48 pm  #3

got a couple questions before I vote:

1) are these the only options? I mean obviously they're the only options in the poll but I would probably prefer last year's set up with the only change being that conference champs are determined by conference record instead of overall, and I can't vote for that

b) will we get to schedule our own out-of-conference games (and does that depend on the outcome of this vote)?

iii) how are we getting down to 16 teams in option 3 if everyone's returning?

7/23/2024 9:13 pm  #4

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

got a couple questions before I vote:
iii) how are we getting down to 16 teams in option 3 if everyone's returning?

Can't speak for Dan on the others but I can answer this one: all four owners with a second team (myself, Dan, Dark, and Gritty), would drop their second team.

7/24/2024 12:16 am  #5

1) These are the options for this year.

b) That is a potential option I haven't begun to think about because I don't know what the non-conference schedule will look like.

iii) What Sky said.

7/28/2024 9:05 pm  #6

The results of the voting are in. We had 11 responses, with over half of them for the move to two conferences, 7 conference games, and 3 non-conference games. If you had more than one team, please let me know which team you will be retaining for the upcoming season.

Final standings:
7 votes for the 2 conferences, 7 conference games, 3 non-conference games
3 votes for the 2022 option (4 conferences, home-and-home conference schedule, 4 non-conference games)
1 vote for the 2023 option (4 conferences, 4 conference games, 6 non-conference games)

Please head to the Fantrax page, analyze your roster, and let me know WHO YOU WILL BE DROPPING via email, sending those to altlb.dc@gmail.com. The due date for keepers will be Saturday, August 10th at 11:59pm Eastern.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (7/28/2024 9:16 pm)

7/28/2024 9:13 pm  #7

is there a deadline for us to send you our droppings?

7/28/2024 9:17 pm  #8

I have edited the post to add that information.

7/29/2024 2:30 pm  #9

The question was asked by the Athletic Director of Johns Island if there would be non-conference scheduling. So here's the scoop. It's on the table. Every team gets THREE non-conference games. I am opening this up for you all to schedule them yourself with a couple disclaimers: I may not be able to accommodate all of them, so I will do my best to make sure they all are able to be met. You really have no say on which of the teams is the home and road team.

As such, reach out to the owners in the opposite conference and schedule them. I will backfill with teams that have open games for those that do not have all their games scheduled. Once you have agreed to a game, please notify me here, through Discord, or via email at altlb.dc@gmail.com. BOTH OWNERS MUST NOTIFY ME.

Since two conferences still exist in full, those conferences will maintain their names. Think of it like the expansion of the Atlantic Coast Conference to the Pacific Coast. Your conferences are as follows:

East Coast Conference
Hallows Headless Horsemen
Hershey Wildcats
Johns Island Angels
Ohio A&M Fightin' Muskrats
Pennsylvania Commonwealth Big Blue
Queen City State Stingers
St. Brendan's Navigators
St. Laurent Patriotes

Heartland Athletic Conference
Hawaii State Hawks
Lone Star Panthers
Michigan Institutional Bucks
Minnesota A&M Threshers
Riel Rebels
Southern Colorado Stegos
Twin Cities Lakers
Wichita A&M 29ers

So reach out to your fellow owners! The due date on this will also be August 10th, same as the keeper deadline.

8/05/2024 1:06 pm  #10

You have 5 days to get in the keepers and set up any non-conference games. Anyone who does not have agreed upon non-conference games will be assigned non-conference games.

Board footera