Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



8/04/2019 3:41 am  #1


The Technical Issues Thread

Report your technical issues, bugs and other things here.

Known Issues:

Thread Title Editing
If you're dealing with thread title editing issues, see this thread for some ideas, otherwise it's an ongoing issue.


https://i.imgur.com/UBq6rnN.png
https://i.imgur.com/SPnIfBS.png
AHS Admin. Creator of PUCH and the THL.
 

8/04/2019 9:56 pm  #2


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

Few things:

1. For some reason, whenever I try to create/edit a post, all the text I previously had will sometimes be deleted. For instance, when I create a post and click "Submit" to take me to the Captcha, it sometimes deletes all the text that was in the body previously. It happens when I try to edit a post too.
2. This is maybe just be being dumb, but I am having some issues making my profile picture look cleaner. Even though (I think) it's saved in the recommended 128x128 ratio, it becomes blurry and generally looks bad.
3. Again, likely just me, but I'm having trouble trying to get a link to display different text. Like, if I want the words "Check this out!" to take me to the link "example.com", I can't get the link itself to disappear and just show the words.

Anyone else having these issues?

Last edited by CCLXXXVII (8/04/2019 10:00 pm)


https://i.imgur.com/FyocvWw.png
 

8/05/2019 6:59 pm  #3


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

CCLXXXVII wrote:

1. For some reason, whenever I try to create/edit a post, all the text I previously had will sometimes be deleted. For instance, when I create a post and click "Submit" to take me to the Captcha, it sometimes deletes all the text that was in the body previously. It happens when I try to edit a post too.

Some of us have been having this issue and we haven't found a universal solution yet. But if you read this thread, there are some ideas that have worked for some of us. I've found that I can edit posts immediately but when I come back to them, it does what you describe. I have been making much use of the preview button while making a post to make sure it's exactly how I want it before submitting. If I do need to make minor edits, I've had success with accessing via my mobile device.

CCLXXXVII wrote:

2. This is maybe just be being dumb, but I am having some issues making my profile picture look cleaner. Even though (I think) it's saved in the recommended 128x128 ratio, it becomes blurry and generally looks bad.

It doesn't look bad on my machine. I think I took my image and reduced it to 128 but tried to keep a higher resolution as a PNG exported from Photoshop.

CCLXXXVII wrote:

3. Again, likely just me, but I'm having trouble trying to get a link to display different text. Like, if I want the words "Check this out!" to take me to the link "example.com", I can't get the link itself to disappear and just show the words.

So if you type out the words you want, highlight the text you want to be linked before you hit the link button. Then after you add the link it will be added to the highlighted words instead of showing the URL.

Hope some of that helps!


https://i.imgur.com/UBq6rnN.png
https://i.imgur.com/SPnIfBS.png
AHS Admin. Creator of PUCH and the THL.
     Thread Starter
 

9/25/2019 9:18 pm  #4


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

Hey, just noticed that on both of my most recent posts "6.2.5" pops up at the end of the post even after editing it. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention6.2.5

 

9/25/2019 11:03 pm  #5


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

Section30 wrote:

Hey, just noticed that on both of my most recent posts "6.2.5" pops up at the end of the post even after editing it. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention6.2.5

I noticed that! I was actually gonna ask you about that. Super weird. I've checked your settings and don't see anything that would be causing it. Have you changed any settings on your browser recently? Maybe try emptying your cache?

Those damn punk kid hackers!

I'll forward to Balu's attention and figure out what is causing this. Sorry about that man!


https://i.imgur.com/UBq6rnN.png
https://i.imgur.com/SPnIfBS.png
AHS Admin. Creator of PUCH and the THL.
     Thread Starter
 

9/27/2019 9:21 am  #6


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

I'm not seeing anything in your profile or any setting on this end that would cause that to happen, Section30. Weird.

Did you send those posts through your phone or from your computer? 


https://i.ibb.co/p2YfPnF/New-Banner.png
 

9/27/2019 12:15 pm  #7


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

Balu the Bare wrote:

I'm not seeing anything in your profile or any setting on this end that would cause that to happen, Section30. Weird.

Did you send those posts through your phone or from your computer? 

Weird, it's not  abig deal just thought I'd point it out. And I post everything from my computer.6.2.5

 

5/25/2020 6:02 pm  #8


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

The site went down for around an hour or so (could have been longer) last weekend. Do you know what's up with that?


https://i.imgur.com/2Lxa5JI.png
https://i.imgur.com/R4Pri3y.png
Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University
 

5/25/2020 10:09 pm  #9


Re: The Technical Issues Thread

dvdbubba27 wrote:

The site went down for around an hour or so (could have been longer) last weekend. Do you know what's up with that?

Yeah, it was real spotty most of the weekend. Sorry about that. It was a server issue on Boardhost's end and not much we could do about it. Everything seems stable now though.


https://i.imgur.com/UBq6rnN.png
https://i.imgur.com/SPnIfBS.png
AHS Admin. Creator of PUCH and the THL.
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum