Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2020 7:36 pm  #1

Seattle NHL Team Name Announcement?!? Finally?!?

Is this really happening? Like I've said, one of the funniest follows is NHL Seattle.  Strictly for the comments. I wonder what they'll talk about when they have a team name.  Sockeyes? Kraken? Guessing from the promo.

https://twitter.com/NHLSeattle_/status/1286088793787777024?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

7/22/2020 7:38 pm  #2

Re: Seattle NHL Team Name Announcement?!? Finally?!?

I say Foghorns is the front runner now. My dark horse would be the Seattle BoatyMcBoatFaces based on the video.

7/22/2020 7:45 pm  #3

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I say Foghorns is the front runner now. My dark horse would be the Seattle BoatyMcBoatFaces based on the video.

7/22/2020 8:26 pm  #4

I’m all for Kraken, TBH.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/22/2020 9:06 pm  #5

No, it will be....... The Seattle Hockey Club, and the logo will be a collegiate S with SEATTLE on the front of the unis and the Amazon logo on the shoulders. /s

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/22/2020 9:28 pm  #6

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

No, it will be....... The Seattle Hockey Club, and the logo will be a collegiate S with SEATTLE on the front of the unis and the Amazon logo on the shoulders. /s

Haha I hate that I can see this happening. Honestly though, I'm really pulling for Sockeyes. It brings good potential for logos and uniforms. Kraken is a close second as that is probably what they will go with. Either way, I'm just excited to find out the name for my soon-to-be favorite NHL team.

7/22/2020 9:45 pm  #7

I'm seeing Sockeyes for this one, that promo was upbeat and a little silly, while if the name was Kraken I feel like we'd have seen super edgy shots of stormy waters and ominous shadows in the ocean. Plus, Kraken is extremely stupid as a name for a major league team.

7/22/2020 11:23 pm  #8

I've got nothing from the video, even though it was a fun one. Has a team ever taken this long to name themselves? Make me feel like they're gonna royally screw it up from too much overthinking.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/22/2020 11:26 pm  #9

Steelman wrote:

I've got nothing from the video, even though it was a fun one. Has a team ever taken this long to name themselves? Make me feel like they're gonna royally screw it up from too much overthinking.

They might have designed a logo during most of that time.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/23/2020 6:32 am  #10

ThisIsFine wrote:

Steelman wrote:

They might have designed a logo during most of that time.

Dude, Vegas had an entire brand in 5 months. Seattle is almost at 2 years!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera